Vrooom

So Friday morning I drag my ass out of bed, grab a shower and wander out to the kitchen to start up my coffee.  Slowly gathering my senses so I can get out on the road and ride.  The sun is out and the temperature is already rising.

The phone rings and it’s one of my riding buddies that doesn’t get out much.  The first words out of his mouth, “Wanna go for a ride?”  I can’t deny him, he’s a busy guy so I don’t get out with him much.  He wants to head out later in the day, so I lounge around the house for a while and then meet him at our local Tims.

I’m glad I agreed cause I found out he is the same style of rider as I am.  Point the wheel and go…no destination.  You know you’re having a good time when you both pull up to a stop sign, look at each other and say, “How the hell did we get here?!”.

When that ride was done, I picked up the wife and hopped by the local Tims again.  We hooked up with a couple other riding buddies which led to another ride across town.  After that me and the wife went out for a bite to eat.

All said and done, over 360Km logged and never set foot in the cage.  I love days like that.  You just never want to stop.

5 comments:

Allen Madding said...

after the winter you had, you deserve a day like this one!

-Peace

Canajun said...

Sounds like a great day indeed.

And of course you know your American readers have no clue what Tims is. :)

Giest said...

@Allen: Every rider deserves days like that. :)

@Canajun: We'll get them educated soon! :)

Dean "D-Day" said...

Sounds like a great day!

Are you referring to Tim Hortons?
Nice places.

Giest said...

@Dean: Indeed it was, my good man. And you are correct, Tim Hortons. :)