another day.

so dad seems to be taking things ok. it's hard to tell though...i'm a lot like him so i know he is bottling all of it up inside. i was down to my parents place over the weekend and mom came out and asked me, "so what do you think of dad's situation?" i was blank. i didn't know how to answer that at all. all i could say was, "i don't know what to think, mom." and i don't. i don't have any idea how to handle this. being faced with anything that could endanger the mortality of my parents really throws me for a loop. so i tend to not think of it. you know...my usual thing...pretend it doesn't exist. guess it must be some kind of coping mechanism. i want to go visit again this coming weekend, but when i was leaving last weekend...i almost broke down when giving my dad a hug...

on the plus side, if all goes right, i'll be signing the papers for my new vehicle this friday. i'll finally have my own transportation again...i can't wait. i've already got a road trip planned out for early to mid may. all i have to do is book the vacation time and gather up some travel money. hopefully i'll have the money to get it registered and insured. heh, i had the money to get the vehicle, but not the insurance.

i'm in a extraordinary amount of pain today...i was yesterday as well. my right hip is acting up again and i'm finding it very difficult to walk at all. just getting out of bed was a chore and i've been walking with a slight limp all day. i hate having to take pain killers this early in the morning, but i don't have much of a choice. sitting in the stupid office chairs at work is painful enough. well, at least i don't have to move much when i'm working...ugh.

0 comments: